After spending months seeing some of my favorite people model their Stitch Fix boxes on Facebook, I decided to jump in and give it a try. I had some extra birthday money, and thought- why not?
Here’s how it works:
- You sign up for a Stitch Fix account and walk through the steps. They ask you a bunch of questions about your clothing sizes and style preferences. It probably takes 15-20 minutes.
- You choose when you want your first box delivered.
- You choose how often you want a box delivered (every month? every 3 months?)
- You wait! 🙂
My waiting ended TODAY. I’ve been down with a cold, and so when Jake came in with my Stitch Fix box, I had a very important question to answer. Would I get off the couch to try these clothes on? Or just wait until tomorrow because I had big plans of laying on the couch all night and watching Gilmore Girls after the kids went to bed?
Stitch fix won my internal battle, and here is what is inside!
- Mint Jolene Zipper Flap Crossbody Bag from Octavia
- Raimond Embroidered Detail Tank from THML
- Orane V-neck top from ARATTA
- Myriam Lace Knit Dress from Skies are Blue (oh love love this!)
- Mira Skinny jeans from Liverpool that are AMAZING.
I kept the jeans and the dress and I’m super satisfied. I hadn’t expected to keep everything, and honesty, jeans and dresses are the 2 things I have the hardest times finding (the other thing being shorts!). The jeans fit perfectly- no hemming needed. Both the jeans and the dress are petite sizes. Short girls celebrate!
I decided to send back the mint purse (I don’t have anything else that the purse would go with at this time), and both tops. While they were cute, I felt like the first one wasn’t the most flattering color for my skin tone, and the second fit a bit too frumpily for my taste.
So what happens next?
- I head online to tell Stitch Fix which ones I’m going to keep. If I were to buy ALL five pieces, I’d get a 25% off total cost.
- The $20 fee that I had to pay upfront is applied to THIS stitch fix order. If I choose to buy nothing, I don’t get that $20 back. So, as long as you keep one item, you’re good!
- Everything I’m not keeping, I put into a return bag they provided and I’ll pop it into the mail tomorrow! No fees for sending stuff back.
I’m planning on getting another box this summer!
If you’re interested in trying it out, feel free to use my referral link 🙂 (When your first stitch fix is sent, I receive a $25 credit to apply to my next order).