As I’ve written about before, I’m on the hunt for a full-size Bible for Aly.
I didn’t become a Christian until middle school/junior high, and I was all into my teen Bibles. They helped make the Bible more interesting to me because the sidenotes and extra articles helped me to see how the Scriptures were relevant to my real life.
I’m hoping to find something like that for elementary kids too.
- Book Introductions– quick overview of each book of the Bible
- Dream Girl– the girls are encouraged to use their imagination to put themselves in the story. This is a great way for kids and adults alike to interact with Scripture from time to time.
- Bring it On!– short quizzes (although Aly is only 6, she LOVES taking these types of quizzes)
- Is there a Little _(insert a woman of the Bible)__ in You?– I’m not as wild about this section because it can teach kids to have a “heroine” attitude towards certain characters when maybe they aren’t really intended to be looked at that way.
- Words to Live By– suggested memory verses
- What Happens Next? – learning to story the Bible
- Oh, I Get It!– answers to questions about the Bible that girls might have
I love the colors, the feel, and the magnetic clasp that this version of the NIV Faithgirlz Bible has! I’ll be tucking this one away for Aly to use in a couple years, but I think this one is going to be a favorite!!
Thanks to Booklook Bloggers for a free copy of this Bible in exchange for an honest review!